Sunday, January 14, 2018

The End of 2017.

My father passed away in mid December.  He was 97 years old so lived a long life.  He was only in the hospital for a couple of days before he died and didn't suffer any pain.  I went into the city to stay with my  mother for a while.  She's doing really, really well.

Christmas was very quiet.  I didn't have my usual Xmas Eve party but did decorate to some extent.  New Years Eve saw me in bed before eight pm, read for a while then went off to sleep.  I was awakened around midnight by the sound of fire works going off down on the beach.  Years ago they would fire rifles off to bring in the new year but now it's fire works.

This past few days we've been having an unusual spring thaw.  Yesterday the temperature when up to eleven degrees.  It's put me into an excited spring mood but I have to stop and tell myself that winter has hardly begun here yet.  It's nice to see most of the snow gone though. 

Here are some recent pictures.

My Angel collection.

A box I painted as a gift for a friend.

A new addition to the Xmas stuff.  I saw him and just couldn't resist that face.

The Tree.

The Cat.

The Crows.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sad news indeed, OC. You are lucky to have had your parents around for so long, mine died when I was 14 and 19 and I still miss them.

Thanks for sharing your pretty pictures.