Monday, December 09, 2013

A Few Updates.

It's been a while since I've blogged.   Not that I've been too busy to do so.  This past year has been a stressful one and I've lost interest in some things.  Hopefully this coming year will be better.   I feel that I'm getting back to normal and am looking forward to spring and getting out in the garden....a good sign.

First of all, about himself.   I may have mentioned this before....after finally getting out of the hospital in June, he had congestive heart failure three times.   They've adjusted his pills once again and he seems to be doing fine now.   His been in Spain for the month of November.   Flying against doctors orders but arrived without incident.   He's due back home soon.  Fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong.

About the little Imp!  Tommy is into everything.   Of all the cats I've had and there's been more than a few, he is the worse.   I had a China Doll plant that was about six feet high.   He stripped it bare, almost bare.   Just a few leaves left on top.   My daughter eventually took it to stay at her house.   I have a five foot croton which he swings on knocking my favorite lamp to the floor more than once.   I finally put that plant in the bedroom.  I decided to put the xmas tree up early as a surprise for himself when he got home.  Tommy would fly across the room and land midway up the tree.   He would also go up through the middle hauling lights and ornaments off.   I was so stressed out, yesterday I took the tree down and packed it away.   Alas, no tree this year.  This is just the tip of the iceberg, I'll not go into the rest.   Still, with all his badness, I love him to bits.  He's a soft cuddly baby.


Up in the woods with Stanley and me.


These early mornings are nippy to say the least.   We've had a few flurries now and then.   Dreading the winter!   I do have plans though, getting back into craft work for one.   I'd like to start sketching and painting again.   Lifes so very short and I have to get back at it!

9 comments:

Sondra said...

Its good to see your post...glad to know all is going well. OH bad kitty!! I know what you mean about loving him in spite of his bad ways maybe he will mellow as he gets older!!

Joan@CopperCreeker said...

it seems that i am feeling much as you. a for mr. tommy, have you tried using a water gun on him. i had to use it on my cat to keep her of the curtain. they don't like that spritz of water in their face. she's very much the queen of her humans but this stopped her after less than a month. after she understood what would happen when she went to far...she just had to see the water gun. you have to pick your battles and the curtains was our biggest.
hope all is well.
Blessings

Cicero Sings said...

Tommy is rather gorgeous, I guess to make ip for his rascally-ness! Characters, real characters add a certain spice -- gotta love them.
Glad himself is feeling more himself but I do think it was awfully brave of him to tootle off like that.

Anonymous said...

It's good to know that Himself seems to be doing well, I hope it continues.

I know what you mean about Tommy, I guess he will slow down at some point!

If you do start crafting and painting an drwaing again, please let us see what you have achieved, every now and then.

Tricia Ryder said...

Well!! that Tommy!!! lol... a bundle of fun and mischief.

Glad to hear you're getting back into sketching/painting craft work... you're such a talented lady OC ... :)

Tricia Ryder said...

oh... and some pics of your finished works as and when would be lovely :D

Alison said...

I'm with the spray bottle method of discipline. It's worked well for me in the past. As adorable as your kitty may be, he can't be allowed to rule the roost. Does his behaviour distress your

I hope your partner and you are well again and Winter doesn't hit the Rock too hard this year.

All the best in 2014.

Ali

CatHerder said...

Just checking in, i have not posted since last april...sorry to hear about Himself, hoping all gets better soon. Tommy sounds like a handful lol...we have acquired TWO MORE FERALS in our yard, and our indoor rescue count is still at 8 including the hurricane irene kittens. I was working back at the vet for awhile, but had to quit again due to my health...but still catherding here :-) Happy New Year wishing you a better 2014!

Victoria said...

Just stopping by to say I hope you had a wonderful Yule/Christmas and I hope 2014 will be a year filled with happiness for you and your loved ones with no illness or bad luck.

Blessings,

Victoria