Tuesday, June 11, 2013

He's Back!

Himself was released from hospital about a week and a half ago.   He finally had the defibrillator put in his chest two days before being sent home.   He was wonderful the first couple of days but now he's having panic attacks all day and during the night as well even after taking a sleeping pill at bedtime.     This of course is affecting me as well.  I've not been getting much sleep at night either so am tired during the day.    He has an appointment with the local doctor this afternoon so we're hoping some solution can be found.    These attacks are a stress on his heart which is not good at all as his heart is very weak to start with. 

We had thunder last night, lots of it rumbling through the heavens.  Rain coming down in sheets.  I found it quite comforting.   The weather hasn't been too bad, a few cool days lately which made it good for working in the garden as it kept the black flies down.   The Raven has been back a few times since the first sighting.  It looks like it depends on what treats I have on the platform feeder.   Our small squirrels, who chase the crows from the feeders, back off when this huge Raven appears.   He or she is a joy to look at.   I got a picture of the first dragonfly in the garden this season.   Always lovely to see them.  I remember when growing up, my mother would sit in the sun in the garden and it wasn't unusual to see four or five dragonflies on her.   The garden is coming along beautifully.  Forget me nots abound at the moment.  So, here's some photos of what surrounds me.   The new sign is thanks to Tricia who gave me the idea.   And, the angel in the red dress I found at the second hand store.  It will be at the top of the tree on Yule. 



















6 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

(((OC))) you both need some sleep by the sounds of it.. hope the doctor can remedy for you.

Love your garden - would hug any of your tress ;)- and birds and 'ornaments'.... your angel in particular...

and as for the face on the tree... so very 'you' :D

Alison said...

Its great to hear your partner is finally home. But I do hope your doctor can help with the panic attacks. Lovely bird photos as always.

Ali

ST said...

I'm pleased the viking is home.
Hopefully, everything gets back to normal soon.

Victoria said...

OC, I'm so glad Himself is back home! I hope the doctor had some good solutions this afternoon for his panic attacks, and I hope you'll soon be getting some much needed sleep.

I love the angel in her red dress and the photos of your garden and the birds are beautiful! Love the sign, too, what a great idea.

Blessings,

Victoria

ShySongbird said...

So very glad Himself is home OC but very sorry about the panic attacks, completely understandable after the terrible ordeal he suffered for so long but very distressing and worrying for you both. I do hope the doctor was able to help, the poor man deserves lots and lots of relaxation and recuperative sleep after all he's been through.

Lovely to read your garden news and see the photos and I'm all in favour of tree hugging :-) If only trees could talk, what tales they would tell of times past.

Anonymous said...

Your garden is beautiful.

Good to know that OH is back with you but sad to hear of the downsides. Fingers crossed that all is now well.