Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Cats and Crows.

Thank you all for your kind comments with regard to himself. And yes, elastic in the drawers is called for, lol. A bit of light snow falling at the moment but it's not suppose to come to much. 2 - 4 cm. They are predicting rain tomorrow which seems ridiculous as it's been very cold and it is January. Lots of Juncos one the ground eating seeds other birds have kicked off the feeders. The jays are the worse for this as they will kick everything off to get at their favorite bits. Two squirrels were here yesterday eating from the platform feeder. I hadn't seen any in such a long time but could hear them in the woods.


The cats have been a little ticked off about the cold weather and have spent more time sleeping than anything else.

Malachi


He's a strange fellow as he loves laying on his back and having his tummy rubbed.


Stanley is always up for a picture.

This was taken with the lamp beside him turned on so it warmed up his colours.


Malachi in profile. Not a great shot.


And my favorite birds....Crows. I find it difficult to get a smashing picture of them but I keep trying. I can't describe the joy I get from seeing them come every day.


5 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

Lots of lovely pictures Carol and great subjects... nothing strange about Malachi's tastes ;)though...

and off to the shops for elastic eh :D ?

Victoria said...

Beautiful photos! I love crows, too. We don't have them here in the California mountains though, only Ravens, which can be so cruel and mean-spirited it sometimes makes it hard for me to like them.

Sondra said...

Great kitty shots and I love Crows too..they have never visited my bird feeders tho.

Alison said...

Cats are sensible creatures, unlike we humans who spend Winter scurrying around in the cold. You know I've never really cared for crows, but your photos show them up for the not so unhandsome critters they are.

Hope all is well with you and your partner. Have a good weekend and keep those drawers tied!

Ali x

The Wessex Reiver said...

Can never have too many crows in a blog entry :-)