Saturday, April 02, 2011

Spring, spring...where is Spring?















I'm wondering if spring is ever going to get here. Some days I think okay, it's spring and then like one day last week, we get 25 cm of snow. Today, again, we've had more snow just after some of the ground was showing up once again. I suppose I can't really complain as we've had some lovely mild days in between.

I had planned on going into the city today for a few days as my parents keep asking me when I'm coming in and I also wanted to spend some time with my daughter. After a full day yesterday of "will I or won't I", I finally decided to wait until nearer the end of the month.

There's been little or nothing happening here with me hence the no blogging. I did have a lovely surprise one morning this past week when this little beauty came to visit.

Freddie.



They continued on up the road to visit relatives and as it happened the people had just arrived home with bags of groceries. The bags were laid on an outside table and when no one was looking, Freddie having spied the bags, went over and there were vegetables and other groceries flying every where. lol

I had a unfixed male cat hanging around for a couple of days this past week as well. I don't often get one of these as my cats are all fixed. He was spraying all around which didn't exactly endear me to him however, he had such lovely markings that I took a couple of pictures.


The Brown Creeper has been here every day and the Boreal Chick a Dees are still here with an increase in population to at least three or four now. These little birds have been here most days as well.


And, this big bird was on the deck the other day, lol.


Well, that's all I have for now. Hope you all have a great day.

9 comments:

Sondra said...

HI OC-
Well spring is here but someone forgot to tell the night time tempertures it was 33 last night-but we have had a whole week of rain so Ill take the sun and cooler tempts--
CUTE pony--great mental image of him tearing into the groceries!
very pretty photos of the birds and the cat!!

Tricia Ryder said...

I'm so sorry the snow won't finally leave you but what a wonderful four-legged visitor you had :D

I see what you mean about the stray - he is rather handsome :) And as for your elegant lady on the deck...well!!

I do wish you were over here and could enjoy our springlike warmth and colour!

The Quacks of Life said...

cute pony and a redpoll on the feeder!

Anonymous said...

If memory serves, it wouldn't be the Maritimes if you didn't get a snowstorm before Easter.

Janine said...

Nice to meet Freddie.

Victoria said...

The weather is behaving the same way here, OC. Last Thursday it was 70 degrees F, but I had to wear snow boots because there was still two feet of snow on the ground! Weird.

That pony is adorable, and so is the tomcat. I hope the poor cat has a home, and if he does, I hope his people get him neutered soon.

And, 'big bird' sure has a gorgeous red comb!

Cicero Sings said...

Our own snow is mostly gone though we got a skiff overnight.

That tomcat really is beautiful - he looks most healthy so surely he belongs to someone.

oldcrow61 said...

Thanks for all your comments. Seems like I'm not alone with snow still around. Ali, it's true enough what you said about the maritime s. Some of you were wondering if the cat had a home. I believe he does as he looked quite healthy and well fed. I only with they would get him neutered.

ShySongbird said...

That little pony is gorgeous!! Love the birds on the feeder too.

I do hope you get some Spring weather soon, sorry to make you envious but it has been beautiful here this week :)