Sunday, May 16, 2010

Spiders eggs and Birdies.





















It's still raining and I expect if the sun ever comes out again we'll all be blinded. To be fair though, we did get a wee bit of bright sky a couple of times in this past six weeks or so. Apparently the sale of beer has gone through the roof because depression has set in with a lot of people. The good news though is that the perrinnials are growing like mad.

Another bit of good news. I finally got a picture of the Boreal Chick a Dee that's been coming to the feeders on rare occasions. Seems everytime I go for the camera, by the time I get out with it, he's gone. But not this morning!




Some of the other birds. Lots of purple Finches still around.





There's been a grey Jay coming each day. Another bird I don't usually see often. I figured it was nesting close by. Yesterday evening while I was outside I heard an awful racket like birds screeching. Very concerned, I followed the sounds and was surprise to see up in one of the trees, three grey jays, one seeming to be a young one as it was fluttering its wings and two parents. It seems the parents were bringing the young one nearer the feeders. This is the one that was coming quite often lately.




This I think are spider eggs. They look like small pearls.

7 comments:

Cicero Sings said...

Och, you could send a wee bit of the wet stuff this side it's that dry we are. Have slowly been getting the garden planted ... only one more bed to go. Then it should pretty much be easy street other than the watering and a wee bit of weeding.

Not many birds in our yard this year. You have a good showing.

jeanlivingsimple said...

Very nice pictures of birds I don't get to see. This is my first visit...you have a wonderful blog. I will return!

Tricia Ryder said...

What a pretty bird the Boreal Chic-a-dee is OC and I always enjoy your purple finches.

But - as for the spiders eggs....hmmmm... ;) it will be interesting to see them when they hatch and go dashing off any which way!!

Out on the prairie said...

I can see you are farther north, I get the purple finches for a month before they fly further north.If you saved the claw tool,I use it to twist holes down inside my mulch container and mix it up a bit. Hard to work for large areas.I will watch further postings, come see me.

Roses and Lilacs said...

Gray jays and Boreal chickadees are two I have never seen. It's exciting to find them bringing baby to your feeders.
Marnie

The Quacks of Life said...

nice pics oc

ShySongbird said...

Lovely photos of your beautiful birds! The Purple Finch reminds me of our Linnet.