Sunday, March 29, 2009

The World in a Water Drop

Well, not quite the world. I find it fascinating that the small drops of water pick up reflections. Frankly, I've never really noticed this before until I started using the macro setting for small stuff.




The ice is in the bays so yesterday we decided to go to two of the local beaches and have a look. Sometimes it sticks around until June which makes the month very cold. Apparently it goes out as far as 200 klms. If the wind turns the right way it will blow it out but of course it could twist around the next day and blow it back in.

Eastport Beach.




Sandy Cove Beach.

I should have had himself stand in the middle of this. I'm told it's a whales jaw bone and used as an archway.


Chick a Dee.


6 comments:

Nan and =^..^= said...

I love the water droplet(s) reflection...so beautiful.
Winter still lingers in your beaches but that has it's own charm but I'm sure you're ready for spring.
We missed your snowstorms down the coast in Maine but it sure is cold and damp.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful macros! Isn't it amazing how differently things appear through a water droplet?

Ice in June? I sincerely hope the wind turns to the other direction.

In the back of my mind I have the feeling that we have a whale's jawbone somewhere on the coast of Britain, but I can't recall where, massive thing isn't it?

That Chick a Dee is so like our Tits that I think they must be related.

The Quacks of Life said...

lovely pics oc. nice to see more of your area

Tricia Ryder said...

Wow - they're wonderful shots OC; we have a wonderful world - in miniature.

Just occasionally I start to shiver reading about your weather conditions - brrrrr

Anonymous said...

I love your chickadees! Their one of my favourite birds.

ST said...

i like the droplets