Saturday, June 14, 2008

Wood is stacked up by the wood stove. Stove going. A nice warm, enveloping heat surrounding me. The sound of rain hitting the roof. Well, it is June after all and I suppose I should be grateful as we've been known to get a bit of snow in June. It's been raining for this past three days and everything outside is so lush and green. Obviously the earth is thankful for the wet weather. The rain has been hampering my attack on the weeds but I've been going out in between showers and am getting through it.

Himself tells me this morning that he's going to a "yard sale" in the basement of a church in a nearby community. Are you going, he asks me. Not a chance says I, and don't dare bring another thing into this house, lol. Now, I have to admit that when I go to these things I tend to come home loaded down with junk and then never know what to do with it so I rarely go any more.

So, the other day I made him a flag...yes, a flag. Every year he wants a new one, he designs it and buys the material and I put it together. My sewing machine is an old treadle. You know, the kind you use your feet to work and if the electricity goes you just light a candle and keep on sewing, lol. Anyway, it's a big clunker. So flag was finished and put on the flag pole. He decides he wants more stuff added to it, this after I have the machine closed up and put back in place...argh! Something I'll have to get at again in the next day or so.

The last sunny day I took some more pictures of the early blooming flowers.







Saskatoon Berry tree in bloom.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Your flowers are beautiful. You had me laughing when I read the about himself's flag. I think it is a man thing that they are hard to satisfy.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Cicero Sings said...

I was hoping to see a picture of that flag that himself designed!

Nice to hear you still have an old treadle machine ... a good thing to have ... if ever electricity goes out of sight price wise!

I need to HAVE a garage sale to get rid of some of our junk. I just don't like doing them. One year they had a block sale where everyone set up a table ... wish they would do that again.

Nice flower pics.

Tricia Ryder said...

Thanks for popping by my blog OC and for your comments. It's amazing that you have such wonderfully colourful flowers and yet it is sooooo cold at the same time!

Mind you, the temperatures in the UK for June are not that warm either!

Janine said...

Also wanting to see himself's flag!

Amila Salgado said...

Wow! Lovely blooms. Well composed to your their real personality

Anonymous said...

Your flowers are what I dream of mine being someday...they are just spectacular,your camera takes a great shot!See you soon!

Mo said...

Gorgeous colours in the flowers. It's starlings that are eating all our bird food just now and are forcing the smaller birds out.

You know I think I could just about cope with the speed of the food treadle machine. My machine is forever running away with the fabric!