Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Haven't been doing much. I managed to eat a one pound solid chocolate bunny on the weekend, tut, tut! Still cold here and lots of snow still about. The bay is packed with ice as far as the eye can see, consequently the wind blowing off it is making the temperatures cold. Hopefully I'll get into the city to see parents and daughter in April. Have to see a few good days in a row before I attempt it. I've hauled my box of seeds out three times lately, going through them and putting the box away again with a sigh. Oh well, soon I hope.

I haven't seen the Robin for a while. I put out a bag of chopped apple, banana, etc. in case he came back. The Redpolls are still coming but not as many. The Blue Jays, which I hadn't seen for some time are now here every day. I do believe there were two Woodpeckers doing the mating thing as one was chasing the other up a tree trunk. And I've heard tapping in the woods, they apparently tap on trees during mating season.

Black Capped Chickadee




Dark Eyed Junco


5 comments:

Cindy said...

Bless you xxx, although I feel that my snaps of birds in the snow pale into insignificance against your lovely photographs. I think the bird is a Goldfinch ... I get mixed up between them and Bullfinches :-), I wish I knew more about birds .... something I should try harder with! Love Cindy xxx
PS it was like Siberia here over Easter ... well, maybe not QUITE like Siberia, I do tend to exaggerate a bit!! :-)

oldcrow61 said...

Cindy, your pictures are just lovely. I'm afraid I don't know much about birds either. lol, I daresay it did feel a bit like Siberia over there with the snow.

The Wessex Reiver said...

Hi Oldcrow, like Cindy says you should do more with your photos, they're great. What I like with these ones is the orange feeding sac and the black and white birds...seems also like a monochrome picture with a splash of colour - just lovely.

Oh and Cindy (hello by the way and hope you don't mind this OC) if you're reading this your bird IS a Goldfinch on your blog, glorious birds. Bullfinches are much bigger, males have red brests and females browner with a black cap.

oldcrow61 said...

Hey Border reiver, I was hoping someone checking in here would look at the picture on Cindys blog. Thanks for the ID. Sure is a beautiful bird.

Anonymous said...

Such pretty little creatures, I'm jealous!