Thursday, August 23, 2007

August 23rd., 2007

Parents arrived yesterday morning, pouring down rain and rained most of the day. Once they got settled in the house one of the kittens playfully grabbed onto mothers leg and started biting her foot, then he proceeded to tear a button off her jacket....sigh. Not a great beginning! Had lunch and parents and myself went to Rosies, a tea room, craft shop and bakery. Mom wanted to buy some bread to take back with her so asked the man coming out with bread to put on the counters if he had whole wheat bread. He said yes he did, it was just out of the oven and too warm to put in plastic bags but could put it in paper bags for her. I saw a blank expression on her face and with a loud voice asked her if she had her hearing aid in and proceeded to shout out what he had said to her. All eyes in the store were on me as if I was crazy. She was also looking at me as if I was insane and told me that she had heard what he said. Had me blushing with embarrassment!

Came back home and the sun had just broken through so we decided to sit on the deck. Were chatting away when two friends arrived from the city. They are both writers and quite the characters. So....drinks for all. We were regaled with stories and laughed so hard we were all nearly in tears. They left around 4:00pm and dad says, "When is supper going to be ready, I'm almost fainting here with hunger". Mom says, "Stick a cracker in your mouth, it's too early for supper." lol....Parents!!

Had supper then went on line for a short while. Dad had the television so loud that I couldn't concentrate. Went off line as my head was all a muddle and dad wanted a game of cards. The only time I play cards is when they come to visit and they do enjoy it. Played for about two hours. At one point dad said to mom, "Do you know that so and so's daughter is a Lisbon." I nearly fell over. Brought to mind my grandmother who on hearing of some young person stealing or getting into trouble one way or another would always say, "That's that old manawanna." Meaning Marijuana of course, lol.

They've gone out now to buy some fish from the fish plant to bring home with them. Don't know what the rest of the day will bring but the sun is shinning and looks like a great day.

Took a few pictures this morning.



8 comments:

Jan said...

Lol, I had to read the "Lisbon" comment twice before I got it, doh! I am looking forward to a similar hard time when I go visit my mum in September!

The Quacks of Life said...

parents eh. no matter how old you get they embarass you. then again you can embarass Laurie :D

love the caterpillar OC. you are getting some sooper pics

Robbiegirl said...

I love the Lisbon thing, lol!

My dad would darkly refer to such a lady as "one of THEM". Because he's not very liberal.

Anonymous said...

haha. Honestly...I hope you don't get like that. By the way, hoping to see pics of everyone laughing and having fun and what do i get, more F***ing flowers. :-P

oldcrow61 said...

lol, thanks guys, you make my day.

Now, now Dear Heart, I expect I will eventually get like that as well. I expect it's coming to all of us sooner or later. Didn't take any pictures of family. Funny, I rarely think of taking people pictures.

Anonymous said...

I love all your flower pics and insect pics and bird pics. Don't stop, I was only taking the mick....

oldcrow61 said...

I know, you wicked woman you...lol

Mo said...

Love the hairy caterpillar. I think my gran used to deliberately turn her hearing aid off if she didn't want to hear. There were no secrets in our house as you still had to shout at her all the time.