Tuesday, August 21, 2007

August 21st. 2007

I'm stumped. I really don't know what to blog about. My life is much the same day in and day out. Not that I'm bored mind you, rarely that. If I were a "chatty" person I might come up with lots to say but alas I'm not. Maybe I'm just feeling sorry for myself lately, I see the leaves changing on the trees, have had to put the fire in this past few mornings and I know the dreaded winter is not that far off.

Parents are coming for a couple of days tomorrow. My father has lost a lot of his hearing this past year so it will be two or three days of constant shouting and me with a splitting headache. He says he's "thinking" about getting a hearing aid. I know what the problem is...he doesn't want to spend the money. lol.

Daughter called last night and told me that my brother is now on Facebook. I couldn't believe it! Apparently his profile picture is of him laid back in what looks like a coffin with eyes shut and hands folded over his chest....and I thought I was the crazy one in the family!

Well, I finally got some pictures of the Hairy Woodpecker with her young one. Mother is on the left and child is on the right.




Acrobatics.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thought Grandpa wouldn't ever get a hearing aid due to vanity. Imagine though, what a waste of precious quality time with people when you have to lip read or pretend you understand. "what's that Carol, Mowing is a bore?....ooohhhh, you're going to the store!!1

oldcrow61 said...

lol, yeah, I expect you're right about the vanity part.

ST said...

A hearing aid is admitting your old when you are of an age.
nothing to write about- a bear in the garden, i would have a month of posts out of that.
the chill of autumn is here also, the leaves are begining to change, the early ones anyway.
i like you last woodpecker pic and i never said but the bear and the flower pic, acouple of blogs is one of my all time favourites

Mo said...

Lovely woodpecker shots OC.

Jan said...

Aww the woodpeckers are wonderful, how cute is that acrobatic one. And don't worry about nothing to blog about, my stuff isn't exactly earth shattering is it? Erm, took Emma for a walk, erm cut the grass, erm, painted the bedroom wall! Just put your everyday stuff, we are all interested you know! (Or just nosey buggers :o) )

Janine said...

That last woodpecker shot is so cute, great capture!

nicola said...

great woodies oc.....oh and you should blog more of your wisdom stuff, you are very wise and knowledgable in life stuff, you could depart some of that, I know it helps me, I am sure it would help others...

me I can chat all day long and do as thats my job, some times I dont know when to shut up, but then I guess, see!!!

The Quacks of Life said...

lovely pics OC. Love the bottom one

Robbiegirl said...

The woodpecks are lovely :)