Friday, April 27, 2007

April 27th.

Sunny and cold this morning. Yesterday we had flurries in the afternoon. It seems the plants are way behind this year with all the cold weather we have been having, frost on the ground most mornings. I can't say that I remember an April like this in some time.

My daughter arrived a day earlier than expected this week. She decided this as she had a cold and figured she might as well lay around out here as at her place, lol. We went shopping yesterday morning and stopped at a new restaurant in a nearby community. The food was awful! Coffee was awful, water with a bit of colour. We had chips as there wasn't anything much for people who don't eat meat and they were limp and greasy, I had toast which was no delight. So we complained to the owner and he only charged us for the chips. He shouldn't have charged us for any of it, it won't be a place I'll be visiting again.

This morning there was a never before surprise visitor at the platform feeder. I only got one shot. I was in such a rush to get a picture before he flew off so it's not very good. However I decided to put it on here anyway.

6 comments:

Emma said...

Chips? Chips? Did someone mention chips? Huff, huff. :o)

oldcrow61 said...

lol Emma, I cracked up when I read your comment. You are sooooo funny.

nicola said...

now i want some chips...

Jan said...

Sorry OC, that naughty Emma sneaked on here when I wasn't looking, she's such a piggy.... ;)

oldcrow61 said...

Ha, ha, Sneaked on did she? Better keep a close eye on her, heaven only knows what she has been putting on blogs, lol.

Mouth watering for chips now Nic? lol

Anonymous said...

OC
OH how i know that feeling,it's a race against time,the elements, nature. Well i have to build it up to cover the poor photo's.

Thanks for the offer, but no space this year. Next year there will be, as the garden will change- too much of the same at the mo, plus pond taking up a lot of time.
ST