Friday, March 23, 2007

March 22nd.

Winter is not quite finished yet, the day before yesterday we had flurries all day and yesterday again. Very high winds all day and last night when I went to bed I found it so comforting to hear the wind howling through the tall Aspens outside the bedroom window. A lullaby to be sure. Today it has once again gotten above zero, reaching a high of +5 C. A lot of the ground is showing up now and to be honest, it puts me on a high. I'm chomping at the bit to put soil in all the flats and get seeds started, clean up the garden and get all the pots and statues out of the greenhouses.

Not much bird activity today. A flock of small birds were sitting high up on the tree branches but couldn't quite tell what they were. Pine Siskins, I think. I saw this little female woody sitting on a branch, asleep I think, then must have heard the click of the camera and woke up, as you can see from the pictures.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How adorable is that. Those aspen sounds are much better when in the warm weather. Freezing here too today.

oldcrow61 said...

Yeah, when there are leaves on them, wind was just going through the branches.