Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Tues. January 2nd, 07

What a way to start the new year, I got on the bus early Saturday morning to leave the city and come home with my new camera clutched to my chest. I was feeling a little nauseas during the ride but as I hadn't bothered with breakfast before I left, put it down to that. Arriving home around 11:30 am, made a quick sandwich and could only manage to get down part of it. I was starting to feel rather miserable by this time but Roger wanted to see the camera so we sat on the sofa and he had a look at it. The batteries were dead and with the manual in tow, still couldn't figure out how they came out. By this time I was really feeling miserable and said I simply had to go to bed, where I've been since Saturday. Fever hovering around 102 degrees all days, body aching, chest sore from coughing, headache and very, very weak. Haven't had any thing to eat since Saturday, but have managed to get down some liquids. Now, would you believe, Roger has come down with it. So here we are both very weak and one trying to look after the other. I managed to get a doctor appointment for this morning, but Roger has to wait until tomorrow. I just hope I can get something for this horrible malaise and get it cleared up quickly. It's taking a lot out of me to write this but it's just to let you know that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth.

9 comments:

The Quacks of Life said...

aw OC!! hope you and Roger feel better

camera, access to batteries - its on the bottom underneath the bit that sticks out.

picture on this review

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/
canon/powershot_s3-review/

"We end our tour with a look at the bottom of the camera. Down here you'll find a plastic tripod mount and the battery compartment. As you can see, the S3 uses four AA-sized batteries. The plastic door covering the battery compartment is of average quality."

nicola said...

Get better soon OC, big hug to you and roger!

oldcrow61 said...

Aw, thanks guys, and thanks for the info Pete.

Janine said...

Its the recent drastic changes in weather, its getting everyone sick. Cool and dry one day, hot and humid the next.
Hope you two feel better soon! *hug*

oldcrow61 said...

You have a point there Janine. We are feeling better as each day goes by, I'm almost back to normal though tire easily and Roger is not far behind me.

Jan said...

Hope you are back to normal soon, and get posting with that camera, I want to see what Anna sent you!

oldcrow61 said...

Thanks Jan, this virus is taking so long to get over but each day we are feeling much better. Will take a picture of the little fellow Anna sent and post it.

Boo said...

So sorry to hear that you and Roger have been unwell. I know how it feels!

Love and hugs

oldcrow61 said...

Thanks Boo, we are pretty well back to normal now.