Friday, January 26, 2007

January 26th., 2007

In my previous post I said that I hadn't been feeling well for a few days. In fact, I really hadn't gotten back to normal since I had pneumonia several weeks ago. I got to thinking.....although I figured I had a cold coming on, it hadn't progressed, still, I was getting chills, bit of a sore throat, I figured from coughing so much and headaches. Then being exhausted and going to bed at 6:00 pm didn't make sense to me. So, as the weekend was almost upon us and there would be no doctor available I managed to get an appointment yesterday morning. Well, he tells me that I still have pneumonia! I had a suspicion that was the problem. He tells me he is giving me a prescription for heavy duty antibiotics and I have to go get an x-ray next week. I go to the druggist for my pills and she says, "So, the last pills didn't work, well, he has the big guns out now." Took the pills around noon and lay down, I can only think that they knocked me out as I didn't wake up until almost 4:00pm. I managed to stay awake until about 6:15pm then went out like a light again. Thankfully, I am feeling a little better this morning.

Just checked the forecast, now they are saying that it's suppose to get mild the next few days. Whoo hoo can't wait.

7 comments:

Boo said...

Oh OC, poor you! You take care of yourself. Pneumonia can be very nasty. My mum was hospitalised for about 4 weeks due to it. The good side is that she managed to give up smoking, not being able, or allowed, to smoke in hospital!

BIG HUG

Jan said...

Oh no, how awful, hope you get better soon OC.

oldcrow61 said...

Thanks, hopefully it won't be long before I'm back to normal.

The Quacks of Life said...

poor oc hugs

nicola said...

hope you are feeling better soon

oldcrow61 said...

Thanks everyone, I hope I can get rid of this soon.

Anonymous said...

Did I hear a Whoo hoo in that post? There is still life in ya yet then. hehe..Hope the pills work this time. :-)